Finding the best tech gifts for friends and families can be a frustrating experience. At HomeTechHacker, we’ve got you covered. I know you are all busy and just want to find the right gifts (or get yourself a little something special). So I’ll get right to it — here are the best tech gifts to fit any budget.
This page contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item using an affiliate link I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Affiliates do not influence my recommendations. Read my disclosures for more information.
The best tech gifts under $50
Roku Express 4K+
- Brilliant 4K picture quality: Stream in HD, 4K, and HDR with sharp resolution and vivid color optimized for your TV
The Roku Express 4K+ is a great combination of affordability and features. And, the Roku interface is the easiest streaming interface to use. Here are some other streamers you might be interested in:
- HIGH-QUALITY: Every time you open a Wyze box, we will do everything possible to make you say, just as they said on the day we launched our first product, “This is too good to be true.”
You need to have the right type of relationship to give someone a scale. Once you are sure of that, the Wyze scale makes a great smart scale for those wanting to track their progress.
Amazon Fire 7 Tablet (2022 version)
- 7” touchscreen; 16 GB or 32GB of storage (add up to 1TB of expandable storage with microSD).
I still find it amazing that you can get a fully functioning tablet for under $50. The Amazon Fire 7 tablet has good battery life, a good screen, and can do almost everything you want a tablet to do. This Tablet retails above $50 but is consistently discounted below it.
Wyze Cam v3
- Color night vision: An all-new Starlight Sensor records night time video in full, vivid color. The Starlight Sensor can see full color in environments up to 25x darker than traditional video cameras and the new f/1.6 aperture captures 2x more light.
This versatile and affordable security camera works indoors and outdoors, providing HD-quality video. Great for surveillance, or simply as a baby cam.
Amazon Echo Dot with Clock
A smart speaker is a gift good to give if you aren’t sure what to get someone. They can be useful without reading a manual, and advanced users can do a lot with them. The Amazon Echo Dot with clock is one of the best values in smart speakers.
- THE SMALL TRACKER – Tile helps you keep track of your things. Stick the Tile Sticker to, remotes, chargers, headphone or glasses cases and other electronic devices, and use our free app to find them.
The Tile sticker is a great tool to track things you often lose, like remotes, glasses, and children :). Apple purists may prefer Apple Air Tags.
Budget gifts for the makers in your life
If you have a maker in your home, they might be interested in making their own air quality sensor, test bench, or fingerprint sensor. The materials for all of these projects can be had for under $50. Be sure to check them out.
The best tech gifts between $50 and $100
Google Pixel Buds A-Series
- Pixel Buds A-Series have custom-designed 12 mm dynamic speaker drivers that deliver rich, high-quality audio.Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears.Connector Type:2.5mm Jack
I’ve been using these Pixel Buds for a year and I love them. They are compact, sound great, and are easy to use. They also have good battery life!
Amazon Smart Thermostat
- Smart upgrade – Amazon Smart Thermostat is an easy way to switch from a traditional thermostat and help reduce energy usage.
The Amazon Smart Thermostat is an affordable smart thermostat that can help you reduce energy usage and more easily control your thermostat. The Wyze Thermostat is another excellent, but slightly more expensive thermostat.
Anker 735 3-Port GaNPrime 65W USB-C charger
- Power 3 Devices at Once: With 2 USB-C ports and one USB-A port, you can charge your phone, notebook, and earbuds all at once from a single charger. Connect a single device to charge at up to 65W.
This compact charger can quickly charge your MacBook Pro, your mobile phone, your Chromebook, or your favorite tablet. It has foldable prongs to make it easy to carry and it uses USB-C and USB-A inputs.
Amazon Kindle (2022)
- The lightest and most compact Kindle, now with a 300 ppi high-resolution display for sharp text and images.
Amazon released a new Kindle in 2022 and it is perfect for the ebook lover in your life. It has an improved display and doubles the storage when compared with the previous model. While you’re at it, get them one of our ebooks to go along with this gift!
The Fitbit Inspire 3
- Inspire 3 is the tracker that helps you find your energy, do what you love and feel your best. All you have to do is wear it
The latest release from Fitbit, this is a health and fitness tracker that does 24/7 heart rate monitoring and sleep tracking. Like the Wyze scale above, make sure this gift will be received positively by the person you’re giving it to.
The best tech gifts between $100 and $250
The Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free
- Simple to set up. Easy to recharge – Charge your wireless video doorbell quickly and easily for a long-lasting charge.
Arlo makes really good video doorbells, and this one is no exception. It’s easy to install, has a good field of vision, and can do 2-way audio
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e
- 6 MONTHS FREE INK when you activate HP+ – Includes 6 months free subscription for Instant Ink delivery service with HP+ activation. Ink ships automatically so you never run out. After 6 months, monthly fee applies unless cancelled, and you save up to 50%.
This is a great printer that I’m considering buying for myself. It offers great print quality, scanning, remote printing, and duplex printing.
Philips Hue Starter Kit
- What’s in the Box; Each kit contains 3 Philips Hue White and Color Medium Lumen A19 60W LED Smart bulbs (able to fit most lamps, overhead lights, and 4-inch recessed cans ); Philips Hue hub that can reliably control up to 50 Hue lights without slowing your Wi-Fi; and one Smart Button with mounting plates.
Philips Hue is one of the best ecosystems for smart home lovers. This starter kit gets you the hub, some smart bulbs, and a smart button. And, this kit is completely expandable into other Philips Hue products.
ecobee Smart Thermostat Premium (2022 version)
- Save up to 26% per year on heating and cooling costs. ENERGY STAR certified. Included SmartSensor (50 dollar value) adjusts the temperature in the rooms that matter most to reduce hot or cold spots to keep you comfortable. Compared to a hold of 72°F.
I’ve had an ecobee smart thermostat for years and I love it. This is an updated version of mine that also comes with a remote sensor. You can’t go wrong with this smart thermostat.
Polaroid Lab Everything Box Starter Kit
- The Polaroid lab converts digital photos on your phone to real Polaroid prints through the Polaroid Originals app.
For those of you into nostalgia, or those of you who just like creating unique art, this is a great kit to print your own Polaroid pics. No shaking necessary!
For the makers in your life
I am absolutely obsessed with LED displays. I’ve written articles about the LED lights I have around my home and an article about how to get started making your own highly customizable LED displays. And, here’s an article to check out for other LED kits (DIY and ready-to-go alike). These might make good gifts for the tinkerer in your life.
The best tech gifts for those without a budget
Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra Robot Vacuum
- Roborock’s smartest robot combo yet. S7 MaxV Ultra provides an extremely convenient, totally hands-free cleaning experience. Using the Empty Wash Fill Dock, you get automatic dust emptying, mop washing, and robot water tank refilling. The dock even cleans itself too.
A robot vacuum can simplify cleaning your floors, and this Roborock is one of the, if not the, best of the bunch.
Miele CM 6360 Automatic Wi-Fi Coffee Maker and Expresso Machine
- AromaticSystem: The CM 6360 coffee machine wows with its dynamic brewing system and quiet grinder made of wear-resistant steel, while the gentle BrilliantLight LED light sets the scene for every cup
Take your loved one’s coffee/expresso game to the next level with this Wi-Fi-enabled and programmable coffee and expresso machine. We also have some more smart coffee maker recommendations.
Creality Ender-3 S1 Pro 3D Printer
- 🏆【300°C High-temp Nozzle】:The brand new nozzle made of brass can stand up to 300°C printing temperature, and it is compatible with multiple filaments, such as PLA, ABS, PVA, Wood, TPU, PETG, and PA, providing more possibilities for creation.
I’d have probably gotten a 3D printer by now if I had a good place to put it and more time to use it. And if I were getting one, this is the one that would be on my shortlist.
Google Pixel 7 Pro
- Google Pixel 7 Pro is Google’s best-of-everything phone; powered by Google Tensor G2, it’s faster, more efficient, and more secure, with the best photo and video quality yet on Pixel
This is Google’s latest phone and it may be the best android phone available. I may get one myself :).
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
- FLEX MODE: Free up your hands with Flex Mode on the Galaxy Z Fold4; This smartphone stands on its own so you can take notes during a conference call or follow along with instructional videos in real time.Form_factor : Fold
Looking to get your loved one a phone or a tablet, but not sure which one to get? How about both? This is a great phone with plenty of “wow” factors. You can also opt for the more compact Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Buying tech gifts is hard, but hopefully, you have some great new ideas here. If you are looking for more ideas be sure to check out the following resources and articles:
- The HomeTechHacker Shop
- HomeTechHacker Technology Gift Shopping Resource Guide
- HomeTechHacker Technology Advisor
- Home Technology Gift Shopping Resources
- The Under $50 Smart Home Gift Guide