Headphones can get pretty expensive nowadays. Are the Skullcandy Uproar Wireless headphones a good deal? Let’s take a quick look.
- The Skullcandy Uproar headphones can get pretty loud, but they still produce a clear sound.
- These headphones aren’t noise-canceling, but they muffle noise pretty well.
- If you are on a jog and you get a call or are listening to something the caller will hear wind because the Skullcandy headphones do not have wind mufflers.
Skullcandy has a cushion on the top and on the speakers also. They are really comfortable, but not quite to the level of the top Beats headphones.
Other Key Features
- The Skullcandy Uproar absorbs sweat or water which is good Beats not so much.
- These headphones connect via Bluetooth to IOS, Android, and Amazon products, as well as laptops, PCs, and gaming consoles. It has a pretty long range. I can be on one floor and go up a floor and still listen to what I was listening to without any breakups.
- One disadvantage is that these are USB micro instead of USB-c. However, it comes with its own specially marked charger with the Skullcandy logo on it 🙂
- You can control what your playing (fast forward, rewind, pause, next track, previous track) and its volume with the buttons on the right ear.
- You can make and receive calls when paired with a cell phone. It has a mic.
The most expensive Skullcandy headphones I’ve seen were $150 and the least expensive were $30. The Skullcandy Uproar can be had on Amazon for around $30. As a comparison, I think Beats are overpriced with a low of $100 and a high of $450.
So what’s the better deal? If you’re looking for inexpensive headphones that have good performance go with Skullcandy Uproar. If you have a lot of money to spend go with Beats.
All in all, I think Skullcandy is better and that Beats aren’t all that they are advertised to be. Check out the Youtube video below for another take on these headphones.
Editor’s Note: KidTechHacker is a teenage author who is into tech. He provides views and thoughts from a young person’s perspective. You can find him at https://iabsorbdzn.com. This article also contains affiliate links. For more details read our disclosures.