Fireplace automation means making your fireplace smart. It’s like turning up the coziness with just a tap on your phone or a few words. You might be thinking “Why would I need this automated solution in my house?” It’s not just about being fancy – it’s about making your home comfortable and saving energy. Imagine having control over your fireplace’s warmth and vibe without getting up. That’s the magic of fireplace automation solutions. It’s the perfect upgrade for your living space that’s easy and efficient. Let’s take a deeper look into the benefits of fireplace automation solutions and the best options available in the market today.
This page contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item using an affiliate link I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Affiliates do not influence my recommendations. Read my disclosures for more information.
Table of Contents
Why Should You Automate Your Fireplace?
Fireplace automation solutions have a lot of advantages, the first one being the convenience of controlling the settings of the fireplace with just a phone tap or through your voice. You won’t need to do it all manually. This product also saves energy and fuel as it lets you manage heat output with better precision.
You can also set your ambiance as per your choice since some solutions can control the intensity of the fire. This also improves safety since some of them have features like automatic shut-off timers and temperature control to decrease the risk of accidents. You can also control the fireplace even if you are not at home.
Let’s look at the best 5 fireplace automation solutions.
- WIFI On/Off + Timer + Thermostat + Humidity Control – Monitor the temperature and humidity of your…
This smart fireplace remote can be controlled using Amazon Echo, IFTTT, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, iOS, and Android.
- The fireplace comes with a smart control which means you can turn your fireplace on or off remotely using Wi-Fi and set timers for scheduled working.
- It offers environmental control where you can monitor the temperature and humidity of your fireplace.
- It is specifically designed for gas fireplaces with millivolt gas valves.
- This works with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple iPhone Siri.
- You can control your fireplace from anywhere using a mobile app on iOS or Android devices.
- No need for additional remotes. You can share control with family members using the app. The admin user can manage additional remotes and their authorizations.
- ★ SMART FIREPLACE CONTROL x SMART-LIFE APP: WiFi gas fireplace controller that operates on 2.4GHz…
This automated fireplace is an excellent product by Durablow and it can be controlled using both Alexa and Siri.
- This fireplace works on 2.4GHz WiFi (not 5GHz), no hub or gateway is required for its smooth operations.
- It comes with a Free Smart-Life App for remote control and timers.
- This fireplace is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, and Siri for voice control.
- This product has been designed for a millivolt gas valve and an electronic spark ignition module.
- You can use the Smart Life App to automate devices individually or in combination.
- You can share the control with family members.
- The FCC also approves this product.
You can combine this Skytech fireplace remote with a Bond RF controller to remote control the fireplace using a remote or Bond’s app. The Bond device learns the RF signal that controls the Skytech fireplace remote and then that control to app users.
You can use the Bond device with multiple other devices (ceiling fans, humidifiers, etc.) and fireplace remotes as well.
- This Skytech remote is completely operated by battery, it also comes with a low battery indication.
- It has four buttons for turning it on or off, and setting the mode. The Bond can learn and control all of these functions
- The temperature is displayed in both degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit on the LCD.
This is a combination of two excellent products that work together to create a great smart fireplace automation solution. The fireplace control plugs into the smart switch to seamlessly control the operations of the fireplace. This combination allows you to turn the fireplace on or off at your convenience with the smart switch.
HomeTechHacker has reviewed and recommended using the Shelly Plus Plug US, but you can use any smart switch you’d like. You can use the HomeTechHacker Technology Advisor to pick the perfect smart switch based on your preferences.
Features of this combination solution:
- The fireplace can be activated through voice commands with the help of Google, Alexa, or Siri.
- It is specially designed for gas fireplaces with a millivolt safety pilot valve or electronic spark ignition.
Features of Shelly Plus Plug:
- You can combine Shelly devices for customized home automation and the shelly device works perfectly well with the fireplace switch for your fireplace automation.
- The Shelly Smart Control App allows remote device control.
- The smart plug is operated by Wi-Fi.
- It can handle up to 1800 watts at 15A.
- The device offers precise consumption information for plugged-in appliances.
- 🔥”Hey Google, Turn On The Fireplace”.🔥…… “Alexa, give me Fire!”…… “Siri, Warm up my…
This fireplace remote is extremely popular and comes from a reliable and well-recognized fireplace brand.
- You can easily activate your gas fireplace using voice commands with Google, Alexa, or Siri.
- It allows you to use the eWelink App for setup.
- This device is compatible with millivolt gas valves and electronic spark pilot ignition systems.
- You don’t need a separate smart plug.
- It also comes with a heat box for component protection with heat deflection up to 180°F.
Bonus: Build your own fireplace automation switch
It’s pretty easy to do, and HomeTechHacker provides detailed instructions for how to do so. These instructions include diagrams, what you need to buy, and generous explanations.
Automating your fireplace not only improves the ambiance of your home but also gives you a more cost-effective solution for your heating needs. It saves energy and allows you to control the temperature and intensity of the fire. You can also operate the fireplace from outside your house, and it can improve your home’s safety. However, choosing the best fireplace automation solution is not an easy task. Hopefully, the information above will help you choose the product best suited for your needs.