Traveling during the holidays can be a delightful experience, but it can also be stressful if you’re not prepared. Deciding what to pack for your trip can be a daunting task when you are on a family vacation. To ensure your journeys are safe and enjoyable, here are some essential tech items to consider packing. Let’s discuss these travel essentials one by one and make your traveling experience better.
This page contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item using an affiliate link I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Affiliates do not influence my recommendations. Read my disclosures for more information.
- WORLDWIDE ADAPTER – Our all-in-one adapter includes 4 different plugs that cover over 150 countries, such as USA, Canada, Japan, UK, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China, Australia, Argentina, New Zealand, etc. (excluding South Africa, India).
- 6 IN 1 TRAVEL ADAPTER – Charge up to 6 devices simultaneously at high speed with 4 USB-A ports (2.4A), 1 USB-C port (3A), and 1 AC socket. Ideal for charging iPhones, laptops, tablets, power banks, cameras, headsets, and more.
The first thing that you should pack in your bag is the Travel Adapter. It is the best all-in-one international socket adapter that you can use to make your traveling experience better. It works for all countries, including the EU, US, AU and more. EPICKA Universal Travel Adapter is affordable and saves you plenty of luggage space without having to take additional adapters or sockets. It’s a 6-in-1 TRAVEL ADAPTER, which means you can charge 6 devices at the same time.
- Ultra-High Cell Capacity: The massive 20,000mAh cell capacity provides more than 5 charges for iPhone XS, almost 5 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, more than 4 charges for iPhone 11, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
- Advanced Charging Technology: Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology combine to deliver an optimized charge to your devices, while the trickle-charging mode is the best way to charge low-power accessories.
A power bank, or portable charger, is an important tech item for travelers. It offers a convenient way to keep your devices charged during traveling. Some power banks provide fast charging capabilities, which can save you a lot of time when you are in a hurry. If you are looking for an affordable power bank, we recommend buying Anker’s power banks because they are affordable and safe to use.
Editor’s Note: Make sure you check out our list of tech stocking stuffers.
- Kindle Paperwhite – Now with a 6.8” display and thinner borders, adjustable warm light, up to 10 weeks of battery life, and 20% faster page turns.
- Purpose-built for reading – With a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper, even in bright sunlight.
The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite is an excellent travel companion, especially for book lovers. It is a highly demanded e-reader from Amazon and has thousands of e-books for users. Moreover, it is easy on the eyes, and you can take it anywhere you want. Apart from that, it is slim and lightweight as well. When it comes to battery life, it can last several weeks, so you don’t have to worry about running out of power during your trip.
You should definitely take headphones with you if you want to enjoy your trip. Headphones are an essential tech item for your holiday travel. Not only do they provide entertainment, but they also help you stay focused. Apart from that, headphones are easy to carry and can be perfect for reducing noise. If you are searching for affordable headphones, we recommend purchasing Soundcore Anker Life headphones. They are safe for travel and reduce Ambient noise by Up to 90%. If you want something light, you can purchase Apple AirPods (2nd Generation) Wireless Earbuds, which have 24 hours of battery life and Effortless Setup, making them the best option for iPhone users.
For travelers, AirTags can be an essential item because they keep track of your luggage, valuable electronics, and even passports. In fact, using it, you can also locate your personal items, such as pets. AirTags are connected via Bluetooth and the Find My app. You can also add the name of your AirTags and adjust them according to your requirements. As mentioned above, you can purchase Apple AirTag 4 Pack because it is authentic and works with all iPhone devices. Moreover, it also has a built-in speaker to help you find your things. You can also ask Siri for help.
Furthermore, Android users can purchase Tile Pro 2-Pack, which is the Item Locator for Bags, Wallets, Keys, and more. It has a built-in NFC function, which is good for collecting your information.
Don’t risk running out of battery during your trip. A wireless charger is a convenient tech
essential for holiday travel, making it easier to keep your devices powered up without dealing with multiple adapters. Before purchasing a wireless charger, make sure that it is compatible with your device and works for all your devices. If you are an iPhone user, you can get an Apple MagSafe Charger because it is safe to use and affordable as well. It is also compatible with AirPods. It can provide faster wireless charging up to 15W.
Android users can try the Samsung 15W Wireless Charger for Galaxy phones. It charges around 2 devices at a time. Moreover, it has a built-in cooling system and charges your phone fast without any hassle.
Traveling without a laptop won’t be a good idea as you still need it during your holidays, especially if you need to work, stay connected, or simply enjoy your digital content on a larger screen. You can purchase an Apple 2023 MacBook Air Laptop, which has an M2 chip and a 15.3-inch Liquid Retina Display. It is available in different colors, including midnight, silver, space gray, and starlight.
If you are looking for a smaller and more affordable device, we suggest purchasing the HP Chromebook 14, which has 4 GB RAM, and the Google Play Store, from where you can download hundreds of amazing apps and games. The average battery life of this device is around 13.5 Hours, so you can easily use it while traveling.
- 26.2 Megapixel full frame CMOS sensor
- Optical viewfinder with a 45 point all cross type AF system. Compatible lenses: Canon EF lenses (excluding EF S and EF M lenses)
Bringing an SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera with you on your holiday travels can be a great idea if you want to capture high-quality pictures. Canon EOS 6D Mark is the perfect option for you as it offers a 26.2 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and is lightweight. You can take it anywhere you want.
- PRO PURIFICATION – Experience zero-waste water purification with our advanced 20 mW UV-C LED light-ray technology. Delivering best-in-class performance, the Pro Mode purification boasts a 99.99999% elimination rate for E.coli and a 99.8% kill rate for NTM.
- PRO SELF-CLEANING – Cleans the bottle automatically by smartly activating the built-in UV-C LED every hour leaving your bottle stink-free.
Whether you’re traveling to a new place for the first time, it is important to take a self-cleaning water bottle with you. In this way, you don’t have to look for clean water. You can buy CrazyCap on Amazon, which offers clean water in just 60 seconds. It contains UV rays, which clean your water to 99.8%. Furthermore, it keeps water cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours. Apart from that, it sends built-in hydration reminders so you can stay hydrated during your trip.
So, these were the top things that you should definitely take with you on your trip. Apart from that, you can also look for different options, such as airplane phone holder mount, travel monitor, 4G LTE WiFi Mobile Hotspot device, and more. Do let us know in the comment section below which traveling essential is your favorite and why.
Interested in supporting HomeTechHacker?
Have you found the content on this site useful? If so, are you interested in supporting me and this site? There’s no obligation of course, but I would really appreciate any support you can give. Below are a few ways you can show support:
- Share this site with your friends and on social media (use the sharing links at the end of this page for your convenience)
- Subscribe to this site
- Purchase one of my books, The Personal Cybersecurity Manual, The Home Network Manual or The Smart Home Manual, for yourself or as a gift
- Put a link to HomeTechHacker on a site you have access to. Be sure to let me know about it!
- Enroll in HomeTechHacker Academy for free and premium online home technology courses.
- Reach out to me via my contact page or Twitter and let me know something I should write about
- Shop at Amazon through my affiliate links and ads on these pages. See my disclosures for more details about affiliate links. You can also just shop from one of the links below:
- HomeTechHacker Shop: This is a listing of products that I use, have reviewed, and that I recommend
- HomeTechHacker Technology Advisor: This suite of tools will give you customized home technology product recommendations based on your needs
- My Amazon affiliate link: Just click on this link to go to Amazon and shop
Thank you! I really appreciate it!